Monday, December 13, 2010

A poetic afternoon

Today, I started off with this:

Strangers, strangers
In my land
Make me believe
I can stand
When I fall and tumble

Down the drains,
My nerves they land
'pon the sea
Of empty sand
Then wash ashore in crumbles.


And something in the middle: (more like to be read aloud with a beat)

Behold, the notebook
A symbol of doing something
Something useful in life.
Perhaps I will scribble something worthwhile
Something worth reading for a while.
As simple as it may seem
To want to not waste time
It cannot be done, I tell you,
Time flies by
With every breath I take
Every second I stare
Every fidget I make
Every day I behold
The beauty of life
The pointlessness of life
The strangeness that is strife
In every moment of life;
And that, oh that
It cannot be undone
And that, is what is wrong.


And then ended up with this:

Seeds of Dream

In depths of need
I sow the seeds
That desperation
Barely feeds,
That grows upon
My climbing fears
Watered by my
Silent tears;
Looked after by
My sleepless self
Nurtured by
My bleeding heart;
The light from fire
That burns within
My mind provides
The shine it needs;
The strength, a desire
To finally seize
My life from all
These lifeless weeds;
And then it sprouts
A single bud
From whence erupts
A lingering thought:
Of hope, of want to grab it all;
Of no more pain, of standing tall;
A dream that now shall never fall,
So deep-rooted it blossoms upon
My soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment